Design a space that soars, a cozy alcove in which to retreat, a window to frame the natural views beyond
Your vision is the basis for the architectural interpretation of the spaces you require. Our design process will consider your lifestyle needs for today and the future:
- How does your family spend their time at home? Do you love to entertain? Do you tend to have long term guests?
- What unique spaces and special features should your new home contain? Art collections and hobbies may be important to consider.
- How do the members of your household come together? Live apart?
- How should the design accommodate your current and future lifestyle? Is the nursery a potential office?
Your Project Director will review a series of both quantitative and qualitative issues, which will help guide our architectural process. We consider the number of rooms, their square footage, materials, costs, description of the spaces, their special features, volume and relationship to each other and the outdoors.
We will address regional issues as well, including:
- Zoning and other regulations
- Architectural review board and historic district requirements
- Climatic conditions such as snow and wind loads and seismic conditions (reviewed by a licensed engineer in your area)
Every Acorn Deck House Company home is guided by the principles of post and beam construction: a building system that enables large, open floor plans and the flexibility to put walls wherever you want them as opposed to being mandatory to support the structure.
For those who embrace the design process as a creative journey, the degree of personal customization is limitless. For others, we have many time-tested, beautiful floor plans that can be used as inspiration. Your Acorn Deck House Project Director will help you make the perfect decisions.
It Doesn’t Have To Be Complicated
After we have analyzed your site and have had extensive discussions with you, your home takes shape as a concept sketch accompanied by a cost estimate.
As modifications are made, the design will evolve into more refined architectural drawings and, finally, working drawings with fully dimensioned elevations, foundation plans and details. Your personal input is encouraged every step of the way. Updated cost estimates will accompany each iteration.