Land & Site Analysis
No other piece of land is just like yours. Each site offers unique attributes that define your future home’s relationship with its environment. Our job is to recognize, preserve and glorify all that is special to your site so that the outside can be enjoyed from within. This is why our process always starts with your land.
Once you have acquired your land, an Acorn Deck House Company Project Director will analyze your site and explore its natural features. We consider many aspects:
- Views: How should your home be situated to take full advantage of views or, conversely, avoid an unwanted sight?
- Solar Orientation: Which spaces should reap the benefits of passive solar warmth? Which should showcase morning or afternoon light?
- Topography: How can the slope of the land be used to its best advantage? How will the land frame the house? How can the house and walkways (hardscape) be artfully positioned?
- Natural Vegetation: How can major trees be preserved? How can natural boundaries be incorporated?
- Setbacks and Easements: What is the building envelope?
Our goal is to respect your site, while celebrating its natural attributes. Your house will emerge naturally from the site as if it were always there.