Why Acorn Deck House Company?
As the world leader in prefabricated custom homes, Acorn Deck House Company has a distinguished legacy of experience and quality. From 1947 until today, Acorn Deck House Company has built over 20,000 homes worldwide and continues to design and manufacture custom homes everywhere from Maine to California, Israel to Japan.
Junior Designer/Panelizer Position
Acorn Deck House Company is the world leader in designing and creating high-end custom homes, using a streamlined prefabrication process. With over seventy years of experience this process enables us to produce beautiful modern homes of the highest quality, fabricated in our climate-controlled manufacturing facility.
We are seeking an individual to join our growing Design Team as a Junior Designer/Panelizer.
This position offers the opportunity to engage in a variety of unique tasks as an integral part of an interesting design/build environment.
The Junior Designer/Panelizer will work with the Panelization Manager and Senior Staff to take each of our custom designed in-house projects from construction drawings and see it through to successful on-site construction.
The Junior Designer/Panelizer will have hands on exposure to the many facets of our panelized construction process; Residential Architectural Design & Development, Building Component Design & Engineering, Material Take-off & Estimating/Specification, Building Material Manufacturing, Project Administration, & Builder Service.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
– Review & analyze complete Architectural/Construction drawing sets for custom home and addition projects to determine scope & quantify materials.
– Work with Senior Staff to work within existing & create new 3D models in multiple programs & draft architectural and construction documents & details.
– Work with Senior Staff to Design & Engineer building components & draft all necessary shop drawings.
– Work with Senior Staff to create a production set of drawings for custom prefabricated homes that will be used as the instructions to manufacture & build each project, including but not limited to: Wall Panels, Posts, Beams, Floor and Roof Trusses and required shop drawings for fabrication.
– Work with external subcontractors and material manufacturers to design, specify, & fabricate custom material packages (Windows & Doors, Railings, Siding, etc…)
– Work with our in-house shop as necessary to complete each project
– Coordinate & provide support to on-site builders to navigate the complex & multi-faceted process of prefabricated panelized construction.
– Work & coordinate with internal office departments to ensure consistency & accuracy throughout project (Sales, Pricing, Design, Shipping, etc…)
– Maintain standards libraries and template files.
– Other duties as required.
The ideal candidate has:
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented with an interest in quality design and construction techniques.
Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and problem solve.
General knowledge of construction, and ability to read architectural plans and details.
Any Experience with construction and material takeoffs.
Strong verbal and written communication.
Experience with AutoCAD and Revit creating shop drawings an asset.
Any Experience with MiTek or Panelization a plus.
Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned and to shift work responsibilities.
Embrace change and initiate improvements.
Work independently and collaboratively within a team setting.
Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
Must take ownership of core responsibilities as assigned and communicate effectively with all departments.
The desire to complement our sales, design, and factory teams, communicate well, maintain organization, be highly efficient and complete assignments accurately.
Compensation commensurate with experience