Why Acorn Deck House Company?
As the world leader in prefabricated custom homes, Acorn Deck House Company has a distinguished legacy of experience and quality. From 1947 until today, Acorn Deck House Company has built over 20,000 homes worldwide and continues to design and manufacture custom homes everywhere from Maine to California, Israel to Japan.
Acorn Deck House Company is the world leader in designing and creating high-end custom homes, using a streamlined prefabrication process. With over seventy years of experience this process enables us to produce beautiful modern homes of the highest quality, fabricated in our climate-controlled manufacturing facility.
We are looking for a highly motivated employee to operate a SCM Accord 25fx 5 axes CNC machine.
CNC Operator Job Responsibilities:
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, and shop drawings.
- Takes inventory by checking stock to determine the amount available, anticipated stock, and placing orders.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, and attachments.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run parts, and sample workpieces.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling, and thread chasing operations.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Maintains continuity among work by documenting and communicating actions.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
Educational opportunities, health insurance, and employee recognition programs.
CNC Operator Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to operate CNC mills
- Great computer and technical skills
- Good attention to detail
- Strong team player
- Must be self-motivated
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 years of experience operating CNC mills and lathes in a production environment
Apply To Position