Sustainability, or the practice of building green, is a topic everyone seems to be talking about today. While this may be a relatively new concept for many homeowners and builders, Acorn Deck House Company brand homes have, in fact, been environmentally conscientious for over 35 years, when we were pioneers in designing and constructing sustainable systems. Going green has been our business since 1974. When designing your home we take all environmental factors into consideration.
Our sustainable building expertise includes orienting your home to take full advantage of the sun’s paths and thereby maximizing its natural heating and lighting benefits, engineering the components to create a tight, energy efficient shell, and using a highly controlled manufacturing process that minimizes waste.
Acorn Deck House Company’s sustainable building practices include:
- Siting your home for maximum energy efficiency
- Designing for economical use of space; natural lighting; passive solar benefits, including window glazing and overhangs
- Employing efficient framing techniques
- Incorporating sustainable materials
- Installing Energy Star mahogany and Pella windows and doors
- Minimizing waste and recycling scrap during the manufacturing process
- Authorized vendor for Velux Solar Water Heaters and Skylights
“Green” houses can include a range of energy efficient or eco-friendly initiatives. The number of these features incorporated into the building determines what shade of “green” it is. Acorn Deck House Company homes are already inherently environmentally conscientious because of our emphasis on passive solar benefits, tight construction, and controlled, waste-minimizing manufacturing processes. We can work with you to achieve a truly “green” building by collaborating with suppliers of alternate energy sources and specifying environmentally safe and sustainable products. Our Acorn model house in Maryland was awarded an Energy Star rating; we can help you realize the same goal for your new home.