- How long will it take before I can move in?
- Do your homes have basements? Can they be built on a slab or pilings?
- Do Acorn Home, Deck House and NextHouse meet local building codes?
- Do I have a choice of builder? Is there a builder in my area?
- What services and training are available for builders?
- Who is responsible if there is a problem during construction?
How long will it take before I can move in?
The planning process sets the pace. We can move as swiftly or as slowly as you wish. Once the planning is done and the house is ready for construction, it generally takes about five months to a year until you can move in.
Do your houses have basements? Can they be built
on a slab or pilings?
We will design your house to suit the site, regional construction norms, and, of course, your lifestyle. Our products pose no limitations on foundation type.
Do Acorn Home, Deck House, and NextHouse meet local
Our homes meet national building codes. In some areas of the country, local codes pose other restrictions for specific reasons (seismic or snow load requirements), and we will work with your builder to design and engineer your house properly in order to meet those local variances.
Do I have a choice of builder? Is there a builder
in my area?
The choice of builder is entirely yours. Your Acorn Deck House Company representative or Project Director can recommend a local builder who has experience building our houses successfully, if there is one in your area. If not, or if you prefer to use another contractor, we offer special orientation and consulting programs, which will train them on our unique system and ensure that your home is constructed to our exacting standards.
What services and training are available for builders?
Once you’ve completed the Builder Orientation and have successfully completed an Acorn Deck House Company home, you will be listed among the trained builders who specialize in our brand homes. This designation will position you for both new construction jobs and home maintenance projects on existing Acorn Deck House Company homes.
Acorn Deck House Co. Builder Services include:
- Builder Orientation seminars
- Estimating and specification guidance
- Fully-documented detail and construction manuals
- Toll-free Builder Services hotlines
- Prompt attention to construction questions
Who is responsible if there is a problem during
Acorn Deck House Company's thorough builder orientation process and quality control systems are designed to prevent on-site construction problems. If your builder is new, we will pay for a day of training at our Massachusetts facility on how to assemble your house. In the event that a problem does arise on-site, your Builder Services Manager will work directly with your builder to achieve a satisfactory resolution.